I am a teacher at a small school. My subjects are Chemistry and Physics. The school has problems but instead of whining they are trying to fix the problems.

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

My state (or an association of my state actually) has ruled now. There are less schools and school districts than there were a while ago because of consolidation. That is one reason I have trouble with a job, my school closes I'm out of work.

One argument used by clueless former coaches who are now superintendents to stop consolidation is that it would affect the sports programs.

Yea it would, there are now only three schools in the state in the lowest ranking. Why not just stop the sports if your school is so small. Two of the schools in my area.

One of those schools had a sign outside announcing that the weight room was open for football players during the summer. If I ever see it again, I'm gonna pull over and stop and ask if their library is open too.

This is the school that had two openings for a coach of something to also teach math and a coach of something else to teach science. I'm certified for math and science. My first rough draft to them was "Let me know when you are serious about your kids education."

No comments: