I am a teacher at a small school. My subjects are Chemistry and Physics. The school has problems but instead of whining they are trying to fix the problems.

Monday, January 15, 2007

I'm deranged

Its my day off.

I've finished my lesson plans and decide to make the 20 mile plus trek to school on the day off. Why? I'm pretty sure that the admin people will be there working and I can use the copier to get ready for the week. Yep they are there. One reason is that two of my classes have no textbooks. Our state is redoing science textbooks, this is a new school we have few resources on hand. There is no need to purchase textbooks when next year we will have to get new ones. So I use worksheets that I make and web print ups to make a plastic comb bound books for the students. So they were copied and bound and ready to go for a week or so. My students have poor organizational skills, so folders and binders don't really work for them.

No comments: